Welcome to Santa Clara County Fire Department's employment page! We are excited that you are interested in employment with our agency. Please read the following information prior to applying to an open position:
- The Department provides a web-based portal for posting of open recruitments and submission of applications. For information regarding positions we are currently advertising, click on the position title to view the job qualifications and additional information, and apply directly from the page. Please read the job posting carefully as it will specify the document(s) required at time of application.
- If this is your first time applying for a position with the web-based portal, a user profile will need to be created, which will require an email address, user name, and password. For technical assistance, please read the Application FAQ provided below.
- Qualifications are made based on the information provided on the profile. Applicants are encouraged to complete and provide as much relevant information as possible.
- You will be notified by email of your status as your application is processed, so please be sure to check your email regularly.
- Applications are accepted online only and are accepted for currently posted positions only. Unsolicited applications will not be considered.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Personnel Services at (408) 378-4010 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal/Closed Promotional Opportunities
For internal/closed promotional opportunities, please click here.
Future Job Posting Notification (Job Interest Submittal)
Want to be notified of future job postings with the Department? If you have an existing applicant profile, log into your profile and click on the “Submit Job Interest” button on your dashboard, where it will lead you to a page to check all jobs with our Department that interests you. If you do not have an applicant profile, click here to create one. You will be notified when such job is posted on our website. You are able to opt out/ update your notification preference at any time by updating it in your profile.